The holidays often come with their fair share of sweets and desserts. This can be tough for many who are trying to watch their sugar intake and stick to their scheduled meal plans. Thankfully, this doesn’t mean you have to avoid the sweets all together. Rather, it’s just a matter of getting creative with some simple ingredients to satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track!
Whether it’s for breakfast or dessert, there is no question that everyone loves a good crepe. They’re light, delicious, and they give the sweet tooth exactly what it needs. Unfortunately, they often come with a hefty sugar bill which is can steer us clear of ever ordering or making them. Thankfully, with a few tweaks to the recipe you can create your own homemade crepes to satisfy that sweet tooth without the excess sugars.
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Handful berries of choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend ingredients
- Heat a pan and pour small amount (enough to just cover the pan so it’s very thin)
- Let cook for 20 seconds and flip it onto itself a few times to roll it up & repeat
- Drizzle peanut butter and honey
- Spread berries of choice over crepes
Chocolate Chip Bread
Chocolate will always be a weakness for many. Thankfully, we can still enjoy it without the guilt with a few tasty homemade recipes. One fantastic option would be a chocolate chip loaf that is very simple to make:
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Spray 8×8 glass baking dish with a healthy, non-stick oil
- Place all ingredients excluding chocolate chips into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Hand mix-in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into glass baking dish
- Place in oven for 27-30mins
- Let sit for 10mins
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
As you can see, it doesn’t take much when it comes to finding healthy alternatives to some of our favourite holiday snacks. With a few modifications, you can easily satisfy your sweet tooth while getting the necessary protein to stay on track with your goals!