Just because you have to stay home doesn’t mean you can’t have some awesome food. This cleaner version of the classic chili is comforting, filling and a great meal before or after a big workout. Try it out!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups of water
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Greek yogurt
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the ground turkey, onion, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, kidney beans and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Once the chili is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until it thickens – about 35 to 40 minutes.