It’s painful. It’s downright nasty. It’s the most infamous and talked about routine we’ve ever posted. You asked us to bring it back, and now it’s here. It’s the infamous one-day arm-workout blitz – the notoriously brutal routine that can add up to a whole inch to your arms after just a single workout!
The Arms Race
There probably isn’t a bodybuilder on the planet who hasn’t looked at a guy with arms bigger than his own, and thought, “I want guns like that. And I’ll get them. It’s just a matter of time.”
Time indeed. Unless you’re genetically blessed, it takes months–usually a few years–to make your biceps and triceps huge. You just don’t grow overnight … or do you?
It seems that short but brutally intense specialized workouts can definitely improve a lagging body part in a remarkably short time. The one-day arm workout does indeed work! We’re going to outline a step-by-step program that is designed for one purpose only–to add up to one inch onto your arms! Be warned: This routine is not for the weak. But if you want to put your arm development months (or even years) ahead of schedule, here’s how to do it.
Preparing for the Armed Assault
Before you attempt a program this difficult, there are several things you need to do if you’re going to have the arm workout of your life:
- Take four days off from arm training prior to this workout, and deload the volume on your other bodyparts during the short lead up to your arm blitz day. You want your body recovered from your last workout, and primed and ready for the intense volume that’s about to be unleashed.
- Since this is an all-day workout, you might want to do it on a day off from work, like a Saturday so that nothing else will interfere with your training and eating. Training on the Saturday will also give you Sunday to recuperate.
- In order to make easier for you, prep your food ahead of time so that nothing interferes with the training, nutrition and supplementation schedule.
- Consume a high-calorie diet four days in advance. You should eat six to eight meals a day. In particular, your protein consumption should be no less than 1.5 grams per pound of your bodyweight per day. Make sure you’re eating lots of egg whites, chicken breasts, extra-lean beef, and a high-quality whey protein supplement such as NITRO-TECH or PHASE8. You’re also going to need high amounts of carbohydrates to fuel your muscles. Focus on whole wheat pasta, brown rice and sweet potatoes for this glycogen-loading phase.
Finally, game day is here! The battle plan for the day’s workout is very simple, yet it’s difficult to stick to. It consists of 4 exercises broken into 2 supersets every half hour as follows:
Workout ONE (Superset)
1A: Barbell Curls 3 X 8 (10-rep max.)
* Load a straight bar with a weight that you can do for 10 good reps. Curl for 8 reps only, using strict form.
1B: Triceps Pushdowns 3 X 8 (10-rep max.)
* Pick a weight on pushdowns that you can do for 10 good reps, but only do 8, all with strict form. (This constitutes 1 superset. Perform 3 supersets, resting for only 30 seconds between each.)
Workout TWO (Superset)
2A: Seated Dumbell Curls 3 X 10 (12-rep max.)
* Grab a set of dumbells you can curl for 12 good reps, but only do 10, using strict form.
2B: French Press (EZ-curl bar optional) 3 X 10 (12-rep max.)
* Now do the same for triceps by loading up the bar with a weight you can lift for 12 reps, and push out 10. (This constitutes 1 superset. Perform 3 supersets, resting only 30 seconds between each.)
6:30 a.m. Eat 2 whole eggs and 6 additional egg whites, plus 4 slices of whole wheat toast and jam.
7:30 a.m. Take pre-workout measurements, stretch out, and do two warm-up sets each of standing dumbell curls and triceps pushdowns or push ups.
8 a.m. Workout #1 (Barbell Curls/Triceps Pushdowns)
This should take approximately 5 minutes, after which you should rest until 8:30 a.m.).
8:30 a.m. Workout #2 (Seated Dumbell Curls/French Press)
This should take approximately 5 minutes, after which you should rest until 9 a.m.).
8:45 a.m. Drink a full serving of NITRO-TECH in water with a banana blended in.
9 a.m. Repeat workout #1.
9:30 a.m. Repeat workout #2.
10 a.m. Repeat workout #1.
10:30 a.m. Repeat workout #2.
11 a.m. Repeat workout #1.
11:30 a.m. Repeat workout #2.
Noon Repeat workout #1.
12:30 p.m. Repeat workout #2.
12:45 p.m. Eat a large meal of either chicken or beef, with rice or potatoes, and vegetables.
Take your second serving of CLEAR MUSCLE with an 12 oz. glass of water.
1:05 p.m. Repeat workout #1.
1:30 p.m. Repeat workout #2.
1:45 p.m. It will likely be time to re-up your pre-workout. At this time, drink a full serving of NANO VAPOR with 12 oz. of water.
2 p.m. Repeat workout #1.
2:30 p.m. Repeat workout #2.
3 p.m. Repeat workout #1.
3:30 p.m. Repeat workout #2.
4 p.m. Repeat workout #1.
4:30 p.m. Repeat workout #2.
4:45 p.m. Drink a serving of CELL-TECH with 20 oz. of water.
5:45 p.m. Drink a full serving of NITRO-TECH in water with a banana blended in.
6:30 p.m. Eat a large meal of either chicken or lean beef, with rice or potatoes, and vegetables.
The Recovery Phase
Congratulations are in order if you’ve survived this workout! You are now a member of an elite few who can brag about it! And now it’s time to wait for the results to start happening. Measure your arms 24 hours after your last rep. Impressed? It can get better. The real test is now one of patience. You have to stay out of the gym for a few days. That means no cardio, no weight training, and no extracurricular activity. For these 2-3 days, you should resume the same type of diet and supplement program as the four days prior to the blitz. This will ensure that you get enough of the major nutrients needed for serious arm mass.
After it’s all said and done, get the tape measure out again – you might have added up to a full, fresh inch onto your arms!