Top 3 Chest Exercises for Maximum Muscle Gains
Remember to consult your doctor before starting any diet and exercise plan.
Looking to fill out your t-shirt and build a bigger chest? Then add the following exercises to your workout program. Follow it very closely and do about 3-4 sets of each exercise to failure. Use maximal weight for about 8-10 repetitions and repeat two times a week. Within 4-6 weeks you should notice improved size to your chest, as well as an increase in strength and endurance.
1. Barbell Bench Press
Purpose: To work the muscles of the chest (pectoralis major), shoulders (deltoid group), and triceps (triceps brachii).Execution:
- Lie down on a bench with your feet flat on the floor.
- Grasp the bar shoulder-width apart and slowly push the weight away from you towards the ceiling until your arms are fully locked to ensure a full range of motion.
- Lower the weight down towards your chest and then repeat the motion for the desired number of repetitions.
2. Incline Dumbbell Press
Purpose: To strengthen the muscles of the upper chest (pectoralis major/minor).Execution:
- Start by lying on an incline bench while holding a dumbbell in each hand on either side of your shoulders.
- Slowly push the weight up to the ceiling until your arms are fully locked to ensure a full range of motion.
- Lower the weight back to the starting position and then repeat.
3. Dumbbell Fly
Purpose: To develop the mass of the inner and outer chest (pectoralis major/minor).Execution:
- Lie down on your back on the floor.
- Press the dumbbells straight up in front of you, then create and hold a slight bend in the elbow.
- Lower the weight down as far as you can on a wide arc, palms facing one another and shoulders down.
- Lift the weights back up in a bear-hug type of movement and then repeat.
In order to see optimal results, it is important for you to be consistent with your efforts. Always push with 100% effort on every single rep, and finish your workout with a scientifically advanced musclebuilding whey protein like Nitro-Tech in order to get the most out of your workout efforts.