The Perfect Steak
Top 5 Tips for Cooking the Perfect Steak
Beef is a common musclebuilding food that can be found on most bodybuilding meal plans. It is typically a simple food to prepare, but there are a few ways to make a good steak taste even better. Here are a few tips that you can follow to satisfy your taste buds and your protein requirements.
1. Defrost steak in the fridge, not the microwave: The microwave can cause the muscle fibers in the steak to shorten, making the steak tougher. Instead, thaw your steak by placing it in the fridge 24 hours before you plan to cook it for best results.
2. Don’t forget to season: You should add your seasoning even before you fire up the BBQ. Salting your steak 15 minutes prior to cooking the meat will give the salt a chance to dissolve evenly and lock in the flavor.
3. Flip your steak only once: Flipping the steak often will dry it out and allow a lot of the juice and flavor to escape. For the same reason, you should always handle your meat with tongs as they won’t pierce the meat, keeping everything locked inside.
4. Customize your steak: This will not do anything for the flavor but will make the steak look like it deserves to be on a commercial. Halfway through your grill, turn your steak 45 degrees. Do this again after you flip to create a diamond-like professional finish on your steak.
5. Let your steak rest: Once your steak is finished cooking, let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will give it a chance to let the juices settle and reabsorb into the meat to ensure that your steak is tender and juicy.